[ih] ARPANET and Apollo 11

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Mon Jun 1 13:07:36 PDT 2015

Those two events are quite related.  Ferdinand and Isabella had just come to power because the Moors were thrown out, and Columbus had failed with everyone else because they knew what they were doing.  (They hadn’t fudged the size of the earth and knew they didn’t have the range to get that far.  Of course what they couldn’t know was that there was a continent in the way and he didn’t have to go that far.)  Isabella was taken in and didn’t know her science and Columbus lucked out.