[ih] ARPANET and Apollo 11

Guy Almes galmes at tamu.edu
Mon Jun 1 11:49:37 PDT 2015

Noel,
   Sort of reminds me of my European history class, where the professor
pointed out that, for a long long time, if you'd asked what happened in
1492, the expulsion of the Moors from Spain would have been the big
deal.  Only much later did Columbus's discovery of America come to be
seen as more important.
   Maybe something similar will play out in mid-20th century technology
history.
	-- Guy
p.s.: also, although it's *really* off topic, I do appreciate that the
vocabulary I used for the 1492 example (commonly used when I was in
college) is also dated, which shows how history keeps changing