[ih] Any suggestions for first uses of "e-mail" or "email"?

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Fri Jul 24 07:54:45 PDT 2015

i haven't been a very good academic - very modest publication record...

I think I used "email" for a post office report but that was 1981.
Note that RFC 773 used "mail":

Comments on NCP/TCP Mail Service Transition Strategy

So I reluctantly imagine that the "email" or "e-mail" term may indeed have
come long after 1971's networked SNDMSG.

Maybe Dave Walden can check with Tom Haigh?

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman at meetinghouse.net