[ih] Any suggestions for first uses of "e-mail" or "email"?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Fri Jul 24 07:21:54 PDT 2015

Ummm.... yes.  ;-)

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Vint used the term rather early on
- in some talk or other - and that it can't be found.

Funny, and illustrative story:  I've been quoting Vint's definition of
infrastructure for years ("it's everywhere, you use it all the time, you
only notice it when it breaks").  The thing is, he gave that definition
at a workshop Richard Civille and I organized around 1994 - and it only
made it into print in the 100 or so copies of the workshop handouts (and
I seem to have misplaced my only copy).  Other than buried deep in
archived files, on my personal server - probably in a now-unreadable
format - I don't think that talk ever made it online.

Miles