[ih] more on bogus list unsubscribes

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Aug 10 04:40:21 PDT 2015

    > From: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com>

    > I still wonder whether it isn't a software quirk somewhere.

An additional data point (not sure if I've mentioned this before): I seem to
get them when someone else replies to a message I've sent (i.e. I'm the To:
field), and they (or their email software automatically) CC's the list.

So either someone is doing this manually _only_ in those circumstances (even
harder to explain, unless we're being trolled by someone who's making it look
like a bug), or it's software somewhere (either a bug, or someone who wants to
make it look that way).

The requests themselves are no biggie, I just ignore them. But I always
follow the Beowulf Schaeffer rule - 'anything you don't understand could be
dangerous'.

	Noel