[ih] the state of protocol R&D?

Eggert, Lars lars at netapp.com
Mon May 26 01:40:12 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 2014-5-25, at 4:18, Dave Crocker <dhc2 at dcrocker.net> wrote:
> Hmmm.  Should the IRTF attempt a kind of open-source listing of places
> and activities that could be classed as 'networking research'?

so that would certainly be something that could be done under the IRTF umbrella. We have wikis and can get other tooling set up as needed.

But: As with anything, it requires someone to feel strongly enough about it to spend their own time on it and make it happen. Unless you mean "I want do to X in the IRTF" when you write "the IRTF should", it's unlikely that anyone else will do it.

Lars
(as IRTF chair)

PS: irtf-discuss at irtf.org might be a better list for discussing this, however.