[ih] When was Go Back N adopted by TCP

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sun May 18 14:49:41 PDT 2014

Just to make my thoughts more clear.

Let A,B,C end nodes, S some switch.

   \
     S---------------------------------C
   /

Assume one data flow from a to C, a competing one from B to C.

I expect that it makes a difference, whether both TCPs employ the same
RTO scheme or, e.g. A, uses a more aggressive one that does earlier
retransmissions than its competitor. At least when we expect both TCPs
to use a fair share of resources, both TCPs should employ the same scheme.

Do you agree?

Detlef

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30