[ih] Old IBM manauls

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sun Feb 9 12:10:49 PST 2014

Larry Press wrote:
> In looking for the first mention of an account, we have seen quotes
> from IBM manuals on IBSYS, FMS and the 1401 -- that takes me back!
>
> Is there a repository of old IBM manuals (online or offline)? Could
> the readers of this list collectively create one?
>
> Note that unit record machine manuals are also of interest -- I'd love
> to see a copy of one they had on functional components of unit record
> machines.  (Does anyone have old unit record manuals)?
>
> Larry

The Computer History Museum lists a bunch of IBM documents in their
catalog.  The ones I clicked on seem to be catalog records for paper copies.

There are also some interesting links off of this page:
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/computinghistory/704.html - that seem to lead
into IBM archives.

Miles Fidelman