[ih] Fwd: History of "accounts"

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sat Feb 8 06:02:24 PST 2014

I got curious, and a little googling turned up this:
http://www.aucegypt.edu/fac/Profiles/Documents/Science%20paper,%20Shawki%20Farag.pdf
(the history of accounting in Egypt, back to Biblical times)

Which noted, among other things, accounting as regards tax collection.

Given the certainty of "death and taxes" - perhaps the notion of an
"account" stems to just about the same time as the concept of "tax" :-)