[ih] [IP] OSI: The Internet That Wasn't

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed Jul 31 22:56:43 PDT 2013

On 8/1/2013 4:36 AM, Scott Brim wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 31, 2013, Dave Crocker wrote:
>     There was no balancing act displayed in Kobe.  It was a spontaneous
>     and preemptive termination of the consensus effort that had been
>     underway and making progress.
>

> ... done with the best interests of the community in mind, based on the
> responsibility they had been given.

In terms of personal intentions, absolutely correct.  That's a given --
or at least it was for me and everyone I talked to about it -- but I
think it often serves to /increase/ frustration and therefore anger,
rather than to mitigate it.

Really intense anger is personal.

We often find crass intent less emotionally inciting than
well-intentioned arrogance by those we are close to...

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking