[ih] What is the origin of the root account?

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Sun Apr 14 06:40:56 PDT 2013

You left out Ari Ollikainen.  ;-)

Remember it well. (Well reasonably well)  ;-) The XDS-940 was a nice
machine.  Although, I had not heard the story of its loss.  I am not
all surprised, knowing the sense of humor around that group.

BTW, does anyone have one of those early one page teletype printed
ARPANET maps that NMC created?  They showed which hosts were up and
down.  The application that generated the map was on a well known
socket and was far too popular.  It was terminated once the map
wouldn't fit on one page.  It probably disappeared by 73 or so.

One of those should be ensconced in one of the collections some place.