[ih] Email and address books

Alan Maitland AMaitland at Commerco.Com
Wed May 23 22:03:00 PDT 2012

Not entirely sure about that.  If memory serves there were HP Office
applications which ran on 8086 PCs (HP150) that interfaced to HP Desk (a
proprietary email solution which ran on HP3000 systems since the early
1980s), which may have contained a rudimentary address book, if my
memory still serves.

Not sure if that counts for this discussion and I'm guessing there was
probably some equivalent in the DEC and IBM environments, though I don't
absolutely know that to be true.  If my memory is correct, these things
were around in the circa 1986 timeframe, so perhaps they predated Eudora.

Alan