[ih] Email and address books

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed May 23 19:53:43 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM, John R. Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> picked an address out of the alias file, e.g., was there anything like
> partial match or autocomplete?

Not as i recall with mail/Mail/RAND/MH.
I remember having (needing) a  shell alias to grep my alias file via :!
whom Th\?om escape to see what Tom's i knew while in compose mode.

I'd expect the emacs built-in MUA had alias/address completion pretty
early, but i didn't use that much as VI  used my $TERM's scroll and blank
modes more effectively at 4800bps, and MH/RAND were dept official choice.
(Emacs is usually the first quasi gui for almost everything?)

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com