[ih] as promised

Dave Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Wed May 23 06:21:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

A week or two ago, while we were discussing ARPANET source material
the novelist asked about, I mentioned that I was having BBN's
proposal to building the ARPANET IMP scanned.  I have now posted it
to my website (although it may be moved to another website in the not
too distant future), and below I list it and three other documents I
see as being related to the question of the evolving IMP design.  I
am not soliciting renewed discussion at this point -- just following
through on my promise to post the proposal.  Note, there are two
pages missing from my printed copy of this proposal and also from the
printed copy that Noel Chiappa has (pages E-13 and H-2).  If anyone
has a copy of the BBN proposal with these two pages in it, I would
greatly appreciate being sent a scan or digital photo of the two pages.

ARPANET IMP Request for
Proposal:
<http://walden-family.com/bbn/arpanet-rfq.pdf>http://walden-family.com/bbn/arpanet-rfq.pdf

    - what the government asked for
ARPANET IMP
proposal:
<http://walden-family.com/bbn/arpanet-prop-ocr.pdf>http://walden-family.com/bbn/arpanet-prop-ocr.pdf

    - the design we proposed
ARPANET IMP original
paper:
<http://walden-family.com/public/1970-imp-afips.pdf>http://walden-family.com/public/1970-imp-afips.pdf

    - the revised design we implemented
ARPANET Design
Decisions:
<http://walden-family.com/public/whole-paper.pdf>http://walden-family.com/public/whole-paper.pdf

    - the evolved design from 8 years after the original
implementation (but before the new routing implementation, I think)

Best wishes, Dave

--
home address: 12 Linden Rd., E. Sandwich, MA 02537
home ph=508-888-7655; cell ph = 503-757-3137