[ih] The UCLA 360/91 on the ARPAnet/Internet

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sun May 13 15:54:14 PDT 2012

Jack this is helpful!

I am reasonably sure that Bob Kahn nudged me to create a "cabinet" in
1979 and that I did do so - but it is possible that the group was not
convened separately and  formally until 1981. Plainly we would be in
planning mode for the big cutover by that time.

Berkeley BSD4.2 had the first TCP/IP code in it from Bill Joy who did
not use the BBN code.

Kirstein chaired the International Coordination Board (ICB) rather
than serving on the ICCB. ICB was notably focused on SATNET access to
the ARPANET hosts using TCP/IP at least a year ahead of the big
ARPANET cutover.