[ih] Historical fiction

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat May 12 18:45:47 PDT 2012

    > From: John Day <jeanjour at comcast.net>

    > SDC did have a node in Santa Monica and in DC. I don't remember what
    > was connected to it. It may have been a TIP.

For the one in California, it was originally apparently a 360/67, per this map:

  http://mercury.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/jpg/L70Dec.jpg

but later it was a 370/145:

  http://mercury.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/jpg/L72Aug.jpg

It disappeared a couple of years later, the last map I have which shows it is:

  http://mercury.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/jpg/G76Jul.jpg

I don't see an SDC node in Washington - are you thinking of MITRE? (They were
kind of organizational siblings, both being formed to work on SAGE, MITRE on
system engineering, and SDC for the coding.)

	Noel