[ih] Historical fiction

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Thu May 10 15:21:05 PDT 2012

On 10 May 2012 at 11:43, Sytel wrote:

> I guess what I'm interested in is "zooming in" a little more, if you
> will. November, 1969, a typical afternoon in room 3420
> (http://www.flickr.com/photos/3420boelterhall/5609051340/) -- what might
> people be working on, reading, doing with the computers? What's a test
> that might be running on the network, and how is it still not quite
> working right? If something strange happens, who asks who about it? What
> exciting plans are in the pipeline, what deadlines are looming?

I think that given the reality of all of the folk around the country
working on the ARPAnet, between the actual network development and the
host system software and the application development, I don't think that
Boelter Hall was all that central to what was going on either in the
large or in the small, so your work will be really quite "fictional" if
you're focusing on UCLA...

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA