[ih] infrastructure history [was: who invented the Internet]

Alex McKenzie amckenzie3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 08:37:30 PDT 2012

Dave,

There were Internet Gateways of that period built by BBN (Ginny Strasizar), University College London (Peter Kirstein's group) and Stanford University (Vint Cerf's group).  At least the BBN and Stanford gateway projects were funded by DARPA.  I do not know which of these gateways were used at the non-BBN sites at the time of the picture you cite, and I do not believe the BBN Report provides any information.  I do know that _eventually_ all the SATNET gateways were provided by BBN.

Regards,
Alex