[ih] Internet History Project (was XEROX/PUP and Commercialization (was Re: FYI - Gordon Crovitz/WSJ on "Who Really Invented the Internet?")

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Thu Jul 26 10:49:57 PDT 2012

The CBI and others do a good job but they tend to be focused on the
history of the technology.  I think that "Internet History" should
encompass more than the technical aspects, but should include how the
technology came out of the labs and diffused into the larger picture
to become an infrastructure of humanity.  The Internet has built new
companies, and industries, and destroyed others.  It has changed how
people communicate and interact all over the planet.  It has toppled
governments.  It has disrupted and changed a broad spectrum of human
activities and processes.   And it's not done yet - I think it's only
beginning.

That's the "human history" that I suggest is worth capturing.  There's
lots of stories there.  It's a big job.

/Jack Haverty