[ih] Packet nets not connected to the ARPAnet

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 18:35:28 PDT 2012

Now that you mention it (although admittedly not really
internetworking), Multics was connected to both Telenet and the
ARPANET.  In 1976, I moved to Houston so my wife could post-doc at
Bailor College of Medicine and I continued to work at Illinois.  (I
had a T-shirt made that says University of Illinois at Houston!) ;-)
I would dial into Telenet in Houston, connect to Multics and then
back to Illinois.  Did that for 2 years.