[ih] URl construct, etc

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Jul 5 17:23:29 PDT 2012

>They kept working at it, and did in fact release some stuff in the 1990s.
>There was a long story in 'Wired' in 1995 that talked about it:
>
>  http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/3.06/xanadu.html

Oh, that story.  It starts with the author and Ted driving to a
restaurant in Sausalito where they have an interview.  There was a
third person in the car and at the restuarant: me.  I don't object to
being written out of the story, but the whole piece is just
gratuitously cruel.  Ted is certainly a funky guy, but he was not and
is not anywhere near as dysfunctional as Wolf made him out to be.

R's,
John