[ih] FTP Design

Craig Partridge craig at aland.bbn.com
Tue Jul 3 08:15:00 PDT 2012

I'm going to agree and disagree, based on my experience as an IEEE Annals
editor and author.   As an author I got pushed by editors to explain *why*
someone came up with an idea or why a particular idea was adopted -- when,
as Paul points out, the idea was so obviously right that, once found, voila!

But, having been pushed to dig deeper, every so often I found a gem -- a
challenge or flawed original idea or meme floating around the community
that inspired the original thinking.  And capturing that information is
worth a lot.

Thanks!

Craig