[ih] Fwd: [IP] EFF calls for signatures from Internet Engineers against censorship

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 08:02:34 PST 2011

It was a joke.

An allusion with meaning only to me, to the inconsistency we often
find in documents by engineers, where the contexts don't match the
title, or the frontspiece to the first collection of Shoe cartoons
that had Shoe standing on a branch, cigar firmly clenched in his
bill, saying some thing close to, "To make this book easier to read,
it has been divided into 3 sections, 1, 2, and c."

Or it was the allusion to the Monty Python cliche, that says always
goes there are "two good reasons for . . ." but before the speaker
finishes he thinks of 3 and so it goes!

At the time, there many examples of that.

Yes, couple should be two, as in coupling train cars, but I am afraid
Bernie is right, the language keeps getting sloppy, think of how
"architecture" means something built to an architecture rather than
the class; or how topology is suppose to mean graph, rather than a
mapping that preserves an invariance, one could go on and on.