[ih] Paul Baran

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 00:45:49 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Alex McKenzie <amckenzie3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> At least some of the reports written at RAND by Paul are publicly available.  For example a few chapters appear in "The ARPANET Sourcebook: The Unpublished Foundations of the Internet" by Peter Salus.  Probably that book, which I don't have at hand, tells where Peter obtained the republished material.

Peter's book has only two of Baran's reports fully reproduced in the
book, he only removed the cover page and blank pages.

The reports in the book are:
- RM-3420-PR I. Introduction to Distributed Communication Networks
- RM-3767-PR XI. Summary Overview

Before the reproduction of these two reports there is a page with the
list of all known reports with a brief summary and a note that
says "The reports are available to 'qualified requestors' from the
Defense Documentation Center", but these two and all others
are available for public download at RAND's site on the URL posted by Noel.

The book does not have anything else from Paul Baran.

-Jorge