[ih] Need page from paper "Issues in Packet Switching Network Design"

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Sep 16 17:39:44 PDT 2010

Hi, all, I was moved by happenstance to look at some old ARPANET papers, and I
looked for a copy of "Issues in Packet Switching Network Design" (by Crowther,
Heart, McKenzie, McQuillan, and Walden), which I had never seen, and found a
copy online, at Archive.Org:

  http://www.archive.org/details/IssuesInPacketSwitchingNetworkDesign

In addition to a scanned image (in DejaVu), they had an OCR'd text version
file, but it hadn't been proofed, so I decided to kill two birds, etc, and
proof the text version as I read the paper.

One problem! I got to pg. 173 and discovered it was missing in their DejaVu
image (and also the OCR'd text version); they had a duplicated pg. 174.

So, anyone have access to a hardcopy of the paper, who is willing to do
something like scan that page (200 dpi or so, please) and send the image to
me? If so, I will finish off the text version, and also get with the
Archive.Org people and hopefully get their copy fixed.

BTW, FWIW, IMO it's not that interesting a paper, in terms of the content. As
far as I know, the two definitive ARPANET papers, in terms of detailed
technical content, remain the two AFIPS Conference Proceedings papers (June
1970 and December 1972). (Oh, for the routing specifically, there are some
other papers which are the ones to go to - I was talking above xabout the
ARPANET overall.)

	Noel