[ih] birth of the Internet?

Larry Press lpress at csudh.edu
Thu Oct 28 11:13:47 PDT 2010

On 10/28/2010 10:33 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Larry Press wrote:

> I think you have to review your timing.  The Internet predates the
> NSFnet by several years.

For sure -- I was trying to differentiate between "the Internet" (a
proper noun), which is what the initial query asked about, and
"inter-networking."

Asking what the first example of inter-networking was or what the first
inter-networking experiment or protocol was is not, unless we define it
to be so, the same as asking about the birth of the Internet.

Larry