[ih] Some Questions over IPv4 Ownership

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Fri Oct 15 08:38:57 PDT 2010

Yep, we're on the same page.  Email portability exists now, if you just
get a domain name per recipient.  I suspect the DNS today couldn't
handle that if too many people did it.  Yes, yuch.  But a similar
mechanism must exist today inside the telephone world so it's proven
possible.

I think eventually we'll all have portable email addresses.  Not too
long either.  Our addresses might just be our cell phone numbers.  Why
not...email and voicemail aren't all that different except at the very
endpoints of the path.

Naah, I'm not mad about the encoding in 733.  But I'm happy that
structured data encoding has finally caught on with XML.  If those now
ancient mail protocols got a facelift today, I bet they'd be based on
XML.

/Jack