[ih] Commercial ISPs (Re: Some Questions over IPv4 Ownership)

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Oct 12 21:56:55 PDT 2010

On 10/12/2010 4:53 PM, Craig Partridge wrote:
> CSNET had paying customers ("members") from the start

It did?

While I was but a mere techie doing the email services, I had the impression
that the initial roll-out was sufficiently challenged, just to find willing
adopters for this crazy, telephone-based relaying service.  Given how especially
crappy the software was that they initially received for this, I'd be even more
chagrined to hear that they were paying for it.

On the other hand, they DID pay for each telephone call... when they initiated it.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking