[ih] Some Questions over IPv4 Ownership

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 09:50:11 PDT 2010

I want to chime in and suggest that a mobile phone number is much more like
a name than an address, primarily because an IP address is universally
explicit.  Telephone numbers are more like relative distinguished names,
especially if you consider their use internationally (dialing country codes,
etc).  The analogy of phone numbers was used quite often during both the
creation of DNS and the IFIP 6.5 discussions.

--
Eric