[ih] early ccTLD registrations

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Mon Mar 22 07:52:41 PDT 2010

Hi,

I registered .NA in 1991, but have unfortunately lost the
emails from that time.  I would love to reconstruct this,
not only for my own personal use, but also, because during
"work" in the ICANN ccNSO Delegation-, Re-delegation and
Deletion Working Group where we are looking at current
"policy" and "procedures" we found that we not only have no
definitions what TLDs or even "domains" actually are, but we
also do not really know how this all came about.

I am looking for two people working at the DDN.MIL
Hostmaster around 1990/1991, namely Sue Kirkpatrick, nee
Romano and Douglas MacGowan, both of whom handled .ZA a few
months before .NA and thus may be able to help (direct) my
search.

Thanks to Randy Bush kindly sending me some stuff he had
already in 2003 I remember that James Revell who as
postsmater at uunet.uu.net forwarded the application to DDN.MIL
and set up the name servers.  I was fortunate to be able to
make contact with him again and we were wondering if there
was someone around who would know whether and how one can
find records from UUNET's side.

Anyone else having information about how this was handled
before let's say 1994 (when RFC 1591 became prevalent), for
any ccTLD is also more than welcome to contact me directly.

Two names I have come up with are

Sue Kirkpatrick nee Romano
Douglas MacGowan

who both were hostmasters at DDN.MIL then, and I really
would like to get in touch with either or both of them.

Then there was a Mary Stahl mentioned in the monthly Internet
Reports reporting for DDN.MIL.

Anyone who registered ccTLDs during that time and is willing
to share their email correspondence would be also greatly
appreciated.

greetings, el
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse  \        /      Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
el at lisse.NA            / *     | Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)