[ih] Google's Usenet Archives...Broken?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Mar 17 22:01:55 PDT 2010

On Mar 18, 2010, at 12:33 AM, Guillaume Latzko-Toth wrote:

> I faced the same problem in my research: Google Groups search feature is disappointing. To the point I suspect it is on purpose...

Google's search algorithm is suboptimal for non-linked based information.  Try their in-house appliances on internal web pages - not wonderful at all.  (I'm being kind.)

Google looks for links to a page, and from where those links came.  How many individual USENET articles are linked _to_?

--
TTFN,
patrick