[ih] DNS History

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 19:28:05 PST 2010

O, I am sorry Dave. It finally occurred to me what the source of your
misconception was.  Working for MCI, you were seeing X.500 from the
CCITT side of things.  They never did have much imagination and
probably did see X.500 as primarily an email address database.

However, most of OSI was being driven out ISO and there the focus was
quite different. Still wrong but quite different.  OSI was primarily
an ISO affair severely compromised by CCITT lack of vision and the
fact that most of the European participants had never written a line
of network code for anything but X.25.