[ih] principles of the internet

Dave Crocker dcrocker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 06:51:53 PDT 2010

On 6/3/2010 6:17 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
> As for best-effort, certainly Alohanet was the epitome of the construct
> and, of course, that predated Alohanet. (Metcalfe's Ethernet design
> started from a paper he was given, describing Alohanet.)

I've been privately informed of a possible typographical error in this text.

Having so far only had one cup of coffee, I am certainly having some difficulty
with the concept of something preceding itself.

But I hadn't even finished that cup when typing the previous note, which I'd
love to blame for the error...

Anyhow, yeah, I meant Alohanet preceded Ethernet, as I hope folks guessed from
the parenthetical.  But this being a history discussion, it's worth documenting
the correction.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker