[ih] principles of the internet

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 12:47:00 PDT 2010

SNA was not a packet switched network, but a
traditional data comm network. A packet switched
network besides sending packets was a peer
network and SNA was definitely not.

(Although pedantically it was.  Codex use to take
umbrage that their stat muxes (that supported)
SNA were NOT doing packet switching.  By the
mid-80s I  finally got them to admit that the
primary difference was the granularity of the
packet switching.)  But the point is that SNA
came from entirely different paradigm than the
packet switched idea.