[ih] Domain Names

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Wed Jan 20 06:11:53 PST 2010

There was a program at SEX that would generate a TTY map
automatically of what hosts were up and down.  They were formatted to
print out on a model 33 teletype or better yet a model  37 to fit on
one standard piece of paper.  I remember it very distinctly and
probably have one of the maps squirreled away somewhere.  Ask
Ollikanen, he will remember it.

It was quite popular.  So much so that people were asked to not
connect to it so often.  And as I said, it went away when it was no
longer possible to fit all of the hosts on one sheet of paper.  So it
was probably defunct by 1972 or so.

Take care,
John