[ih] ARPANet anniversary

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Oct 30 10:52:55 PDT 2009

    > From: jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu (Noel Chiappa)

    > I saw nothing on CNN (either the main page, or the technology
    > section),

Ooops, spoke too soon:

  http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/10/29/kleinrock.internet/index.html

This one is even more bogus, though, sigh - "Web Pioneer"?

    > From: Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan <chris at cs.utexas.edu>

    > NPR's All Things Considered yesterday seems to be the best of the
    > descriptions, written by Guy Raz

Well, I'm glad at least _one_ news organization seems to be able to walk
and chew gum at the same time! Kudos to NPR for doing a better job than
their other media brethren.

C'mon, news-people, it's not like you need to go into obscure distant dusty
paper archives to get correct info! (And people wonder why the news media have
such low favourability ratings...)

	Noel