[ih] ARPAnet Type 3 packets (datagrams)

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Thu Nov 26 09:34:20 PST 2009

The Xmas lockup I was referring to (which I believe I heard the
details of the story from Ari) was that at the NMC at UCLA just
before the left the lab on xmas eve and being 3 hours behind the East
Coast thought this was as close to a quiet net that they would ever
see.  So they told all the IMPs to send stat messages to the NMC.
The IMP in front of the Sigma ended up with several partially
reassembled messages and not enough room to finish any of them.  This
would have been 71 or 72.

I thought it was after that reserving a message at the destination
IMP was put in.