[ih] We can hang up now, it's all done.

Larry Press lpress at csudh.edu
Sun Nov 22 18:00:14 PST 2009

Brian Dear wrote:

 > I've had folks tell me they built, or they heard about others who
 > built, talk-like programs in the 60s, to let two people talk live,

Messaging and email capabilities existed within the community of users
of timesharing systems in those days -- I worked on the Q32 TSS at SDC
and we could send each other messages (I think the command was called
"mail") and we could also chat, though it was not called that.

> of hypertext.  I would argue that Edward Thorndike offered just as
> compelling a vision in 1912.

Have you got a reference on that?  (Preferably online).

Lar