[ih] ARPANet anniversary

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Mon Nov 2 08:06:14 PST 2009

there were "fake host" exchanges almost certainly but the host-host
protocols were some time in coming. I drove traffic into the net
either to fake hosts or round-trip from the Sigma-7 at UCLA to get
statistical measurements and to test Bob Kahn's hypotheses about
lockup. That would be have been end of 1969 or perhaps more likely
early in 1970. But going end-end through the BBN 1822 host/IMP
interfaces would be the key to noel's metric (and mine as I agree with
him).