[ih] AT&T, carterfone, the 103, and why didnt BBSs start earlier?

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Fri Aug 14 04:28:59 PDT 2009

While Illinois had a 7094 with 2 1401s when I got there (which was
interesting to code), they also had the asynchronous Illiac II, and
within  a couple of years a 360/75 and /50 (which was a mess to
code), the fabulous B5500 was not only a revelation, but an
inspiration.

With it you learned the power of good design over mediocre design.