[ih] Hosts.txt - part 1

E;izabeth Feinler feinler at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 5 11:51:45 PST 2008

Attached in this and the next three messages are two host files
in .pdf form and zipped, as well as RFC 608 in case you don't have it
online.  Many thanks to Liz Borchardt and  Dana Chrisler of the
Computer History Musem for scanning them for us.  The first one is
from 1974.  After a lot of fruitless searching, I remembered that
back then we simply xeroxed the hosts.txt file and put it into the
Arpanet Directory, so I copied that.  The second copy is from 1982,
shortly before we cut over to the domain naming system.  It is quite
long, so we split it into three parts which I am sending as three
emails so as not to gronk anyone's mail system.  I will leave it to
you to piece the parts back together.  If you still want hard copy
let me know.

Regards,

Jake