[ih] Date of RFC 791 for celebration

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Mar 28 19:55:27 PST 2006

    > From: John Day <jeanjour at comcast.net>

    >> the Internet Working Group (INWG) meeting

    > I thought INWG was IFIP WG6.1 The International Network Working Group.
    > I am thinking of something else?

Ah, those are two completely different groups (although the acronym is
confusingly identical).

The "Internet Working Group" was the name given to the group working on
TCP/IP in the '78 time frame: see, for example, IEN-60, "Boston Area Meeting
of the Internet Working Group to Discuss Interactions with Gateways"
(Davidson, 17-Oct-78).

I don't know if INWG was the "official" acronym for that group, but I do
remember seeing it used to refer to the group that met regularly to work
on TCP/IP.

	Noel