[ih] Query: When did the IETF change to "everyone can come"?

Craig Simon cls at rkey.com
Mon Dec 4 08:14:41 PST 2006

Hi Harald,

That general question has been raised here before, though not parsed as
precisely.

These links may help, if you haven't checked them already.

General history by Henning Schulzrinne
http://www.iab.org/about/history.html

Reflections of Lixia Zhang
http://www.isoc.org/tools/blogs/ietfjournal/?p=70

Reflections of Craig Partridge
http://www.postel.org/pipermail/internet-history/2001-October/000062.html

Dave Mills would probably be a good source for better detail.
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/

Craig Simon