[ih] order of source and destination address in IP header

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Mar 25 08:00:31 PST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:45:59 -0500, David P. Reed wrote:
>  TCP and later the IP layer was expected to be a protocol *between
>
>  gateways* at all the points in time being described.

David,

this implies a role like x.75, rather than end-to-end.  it also would make the
need for tcp questionable.

i wasn't tracking the work very closely, at the time it was being done, by my
understanding was that it was always envisioned as an end-to-end overlay,
rather than merely between gateways.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker