[ih] Proof of the date of first use of term "webcam"

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 14:50:27 PST 2005

Hi,

I think prior to pointing the video cameras
out of the windows, I did some experiments sending
video across DARTnet from SRI. My memory is fuzzy
but I am pretty sure the remote sight was BBN
since I would often grab Charlie Lynn to do things.
Sun had a video capture card and we were testing to
see how it would do over the net. Mark Lewis helped
in this effort and I think we basically used the
software that came with the card (Mark may have
made some modifications to put it over the net. I
would need to ask him because I don't remember if
he wrote some code or not). We didn't send the images
for long periods of time. Ron Frederick was working
on video at this point at PARC. He heard what we had
done so he asked if we would help him try his stuff
out which we did.

regards,
barbara denny