[ih] internet-history Digest, Vol 6, Issue 2

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Fri Mar 18 14:45:36 PST 2005

I don't know about the name, but AFAIK Dave Mills was the first person
to point a camera at something and continuously multicast it over the
Internet.  I think he started as soon as Van Jacobson's nv program
became available, maybe 1991?  In Dave's case, the "something" was
the campus walk outside his office at UDel, showing students
hurrying/lounging by.  Shortly after, I think (though I may have
this reversed), Steve Casner began multicasting a scene of Marina
del Rey from ISI.

Bob Braden