[ih] Protocol layering

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 5 10:05:54 PST 2005

At 11:51 AM 12/2/2005, Phill Gross wrote:
>1. Does anyone have pointers to or copies of pre-1984 drafts of the OSI
>reference model (either X.200 or ISO 7498)?  I already have the 1984 CCITT
>Red book which contains X.200.

I dug around a bit and found a NASA  paper that I write circa 1978; the
attached scan of one of its pages shows the "ANSI Reference Model for
Distributed Systems" as it existed then - it was just four layers.

Searching around the topic of "ANSI Distributed Systems Reference Model"
led to the following possible lead:

http://www.cbi.umn.edu/collections/inv/cbi00125.html#ansi

ANSI/X3/SPARC Study Group--Distributed Systems "Reference Model" draft 4,
January 31, 1978. (Box 19, folder 4)

///adrian

Adrian J. Hooke
Manager, NASA Space Data Standards Program
NASA Space Operations Mission Directorate