[ih] Re: internet-history Digest, Vol 1, Issue 201

Andrew Russell ar at arussell.org
Fri Aug 13 18:45:37 PDT 2004

Agreed, the thing that strikes me about those slides is the emphasis Clark
put on security, strains on the network architecture, and procedural
tensions within the IAB and IETF.  Of course "rough consensus and running
code" is what people remember because it is catchy and concise, but the
similarities to current tensions and problems in the IETF are remarkable.

btw you can find Clark's slides at
http://ietf.org/proceedings/directory2.html, it takes a little digging
through the massive .pdf from the 24th IETF, but they're in there.

Andy Russell