[ih] History of Online Databases

John Day day at std.com
Fri Jan 17 19:21:57 PST 2003

At 21:17 +0000 1/17/03, David L. Mills wrote:
>Rick,
>
>I submit the first online ubiquitous database was the ARPANET host name
>file. This may not be what you have in mind.

;-)  Well, strictly speaking yes, but . . .

Perhaps more closely,  actually I would say the NIC and NLS was
really the first database system on the net.  Then there were the CCA
guys who were really trying to do distributed databases.  But I don't
remember when they were up and running.  And also the National
Software Works!

Take care,
John