[ih] Cluster Addressing and CIDR

Ted Faber faber at ISI.EDU
Tue Jan 14 15:42:54 PST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 03:16:45PM -0800, Joe Touch wrote:
> David P. Reed wrote:
> >IMO, standing behind copyright really distorts the issue of desirable
> >dissemination of knowledge and scientific knowledge, in particular.
>
> Doing things that violate private rights for the "public good," despite
> the current fashion, are detestable.

You're posting angry again, Joe. :-)

That statement is false on its face (and I think your earlier statements
about your rights to stop publication were also a little too sweeping).
Most laws are about balancing public goods and private rights, and I
know you know it.  My private right to free speech is violated in
crowded movie houses all over the country for the public good of
avoiding mass tramplings.

Maybe you'd like to unpublish this one. :-)